Of the many good doctrinal statements written, our favourite is the doctrinal basis of the Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students (AFES) supplemented by the 39 Articles. You can listen to our doctrine sermon series below.
The AFES upholds the fundamental truths of the Christian faith, including:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of the Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all
matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God's wrath
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative
and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner,
granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.